10. Bove A, Bellini M, Battaglia E, et al. Consensus statement AIGO/SICCR diagnosis and treatment of chronic constipation and obstructed defecation (part II: treatment). World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2012;18:4994-5013.
11. Bliss DZ. Management of Fecal Incontinence for the Advanced Practice Nurse. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2018.
12. Dehghan M, Fatehi Poor A, Mehdipoor R, Ahmadinejad M. Does abdominal massage improve gastrointestinal functions of intensive care patients with an endotracheal tube? a randomized clinical trial. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2018;30:122-8.
13. Cevik K, Çetinkaya A, Gökbel KY, et al. The Effect of Abdominal Massage on Constipation in the Elderly Residing in Rest Homes. Gastroenterology Nursing. 2018;41:396-402.
14. Wald A, Scarpignato C, Kamm M, et al. The burden of constipation on quality of life: results of a multinational survey. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2007;26:227-36.
15. Tack J, Müller‐Lissner S, Stanghellini V, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of chronic constipation–a European perspective. Neurogastroenterology & Motility. 2011;23:697-710.
16. Preece J. Introducing abdominal massage in palliative care for the relief of constipation. Complementary Therapies in Nursing and Midwifery. 2002;8:101-5.
17. Rao SS. Dyssynergic defecation and biofeedback therapy. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2008;37:569-86.
18. Bahraini S, Naji S, Mannani R, Bekhradi R. The effect of massage therapy on the quality of sleep in women with multiple sclerosis being admitted by isfahan MS Association. Nursing and Midwifery Journal. 2011;8:197-203. [In Persian]
19. Maddocks‐Jennings W, Wilkinson JM. Aromatherapy practice in nursing: literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2004;48:93-103.
20. Wilkinson S, Barnes K, Storey L. Massage for symptom relief in patients with cancer: systematic review. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008;63:430-9.
21. Turan N, Atabek Aşt T. The effect of abdominal massage on constipation and quality of life. Gastroenterology Nursing. 2016;39:48-59.
22. Ayas S, Leblebici B, Sözay S, et al. The effect of abdominal massage on bowel function in patients with spinal cord injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2006;85:951-5.
23. McClurg D, Hagen S, Jamieson K, et al. Abdominal massage for the alleviation of symptoms of constipation in people with Parkinson’s: a randomised controlled pilot study. Age and Ageing. 2016;45:299-303.
24. Sinclair M. The use of abdominal massage to treat chronic constipation. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. 2011;15:436-45.
25. Uysal N, Eser I, Akpinar H. The effect of abdominal massage on gastric residual volume: a randomized controlled trial. Gastroenterology Nursing. 2012;35:117-23.
26. Lai T, Cheung M, Lo C, et al. Effectiveness of aroma massage on advanced cancer patients with constipation: a pilot study. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2011;17:37-43.
27. Nam MJ, Bang YI, Kim TI. Effects of abdominal meridian massage with aroma oils on relief of constipation among hospitalized children with brain related disabilities. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2013;43:247-55.
28. Jaladat AM, Nimroozi M, Karimi M, et al. Massage therapy in iranian traditional medicine. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. 2012;1:51-62. [In Persian]
29. Kiechl‐Kohlendorfer U, Berger C, Inzinger R. The effect of daily treatment with an olive oil/lanolin emollient on skin integrity in preterm infants: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatric Dermatology. 2008;25:174-8.
30. Al‐Waili N. Clinical and mycological benefits of topical application of honey, olive oil and beeswax in diaper dermatitis. Clinical Microbiology and Infection. 2005;11:160-3.
31. Martínez-González MÁ, Toledo E, Arós F, et al. Extravirgin olive oil consumption reduces risk of atrial fibrillation: the PREDIMED (Prevención con Dieta Mediterránea) trial. Circulation. 2014;130:18-26.
33. McClurg D, Harris F, Goodman K, et al. Abdominal massage plus advice, compared with advice only, for neurogenic bowel dysfunction in MS: a RCT. Health Technology Assessment. 2018;22:1-134.
34. McMillan SC, Williams FA. Validity and reliability of the Constipation Assessment Scale. Cancer Nursing. 1989;12:183-8.
35. Seyyedrassoli A, Ghahramanian A, Azizi A, et al. Comparison of effectiveness of reflexology and abdominal massage on constipation among orthopedic patients: A Single-Blind randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences. 2016;5:33-40.
36. Baran A, Ates S. The Effects of Abdominal Massage in the Management of Constipation in Elderly People: A Randomized Controlled Study. Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation. 2019;35:134-40.
37. Kim YG, Bae HS. The Effect of Abdominal Massage with Aroma Oils on Constipation in Elderly Stroke Patients. Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology. 2013;11:883-90.
38. Shenton D. Does aromatherapy provide an holistic approach to palliative care? International Journal of Palliative Nursing. 1996;2:187-91.
39. Moss L, Smith M, Wharton S, Hames A. Abdominal massage for the treatment of idiopathic constipation in children with profound learning disabilities: a single case study design. British Journal of Learning Disabilities. 2008;36:102-8.
40. Lämås K. Using massage to ease constipation. Nursing Times. 2011;107:26-7.
41. Harrington KL, Haskvitz EM. Managing a patient’s constipation with physical therapy. Physical Therapy. 2006;86:1511-9.
42. McClurg D, Hagen S, Hawkins S, Lowe-Strong A. Abdominal massage for the alleviation of constipation symptoms in people with multiple sclerosis: a randomized controlled feasibility study. Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2011;17:223-33.
43. Connor M, Hunt C, Lindley A, Adams J. Using abdominal massage in bowel management. Nursing Standard. 2014;28:37-42.
44.Woodward S. Assessment and management of constipation in older people. Nursing Older People. 2012;24:21-6.